2017 Ram 1500 Dashboard Light Guide
The 2017 Ram 1500 is one of the most reliable trucks that consumers in Wayne County, Sodus, and Ontario could ask for, providing big power and the utility features necessary to get any job done. However, despite the Ram’s well-known dependability, it’s inevitable that your car will have issues that need repairs, which is why this vehicle has included an advanced warning light system.
If you don’t have much experience with dashboard warning lights, it’s a good idea to learn more about the lights you might see and what they mean. Discover the warning lights featured in the 2017 Ram 1500 and which ones require immediate maintenance from a dealership service expert.
Red Telltale Lights
- Seat belt and airbags: If you see a light that looks like a passenger viewed from the front with their seat belt buckled, it means your seat belt is disengaged. A side view of a passenger with a circle in front marks a problem with your airbag system.
- Braking lights: The word “BRAKE” lit in all capital letters is used for a wide range of problems with your braking system.
- Engine temperature: A light that looks like a thermometer in liquid means your engine temperature is too high. Pull over and allow your engine to cool.
- Oil pressure: When you see a light that looks like a classic oil lamp, your oil pressure is low. Seek service as soon as possible.
- Electronic Throttle Control: A lightning bolt between backwards parentheses symbols shows a malfunction in your Electronic Throttle Control system.
Yellow Telltale Lights
- Electronic Stability Control: When your Electronic Stability Control system is active, you’ll see a light that looks like a car with weaving tread lines coming out the rear.
- Engine check and malfunction: A light that resembles a car’s engine in a profile view is for issues with your engine. If you see this light, bring your car to a service and parts department as soon as possible.
- Anti-Lock Braking System: Problems with your Anti-Lock Braking System are indicated by the lit letters “ABS.”
- Transmission: A thermometer inside a gear lights up when your transmission temperature has reached unsafe levels.
Green Telltale Lights
- Headlights and fog indicator: A headlight with many lines in front means your high beams are on, while a headlight with a vertical line over horizontal lines means your fog lights are on.
- Cruise control: A speedometer with an arrow pointing to it means your cruise control is set, and a speedometer with no arrow means your cruise control is ready to use.
White and Blue Lights
It’s possible that you’ll notice white or blue indicator lights when you’re zipping around Wayne County, Ontario, and Sodus. These lights mean that features in your car’s system, like your high beams or Hill Descent Control, are ready to be activated whenever you need them.
Test Drive the 2017 Ram 1500
While having one of your warning lights activated can be stressful, you’re hopefully ready to deal with them after reading this quick guide. If you’d like to decipher the warning and indicator lights of the 2017 Ram 1500 in person, you should visit Peake Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT today before you can take this excellent vehicle for a test drive.